Here I have put together a bunch of items that I personally recommend or many other rat owners recommend. They are all amazon links although the prices probably will vary. I recommend shopping on amazon before chain pet stores because prices are most often cheaper. I no longer list prices for items here because the listings change frequently so do make sure to do your own research. These are by no means the only items available to you, just some ideas to get you started. Items marked with a * are what the rattery currently uses. Be sure to check out the last section to support small businesses!
- Double Critter Nation *- The most often recommended rat cage from rat owners. Holds 14 rats
- Rat Manor – PetCo brand rat cage. Holds 2 rats
- MCage – Another option, Holds 2 rats
HIDES AND HOUSES
- Space Pod – a classic hidey house that can be suspended different ways
- Large Igloo Hide – * Way cheaper on amazon than Pet stores
- Coconut hide and bridge *- My critters love these! Can fit 1 adult male or 2 adult females at one time
BEDDING AND LITTER
- Corner Litter pan *- Great option for litter training, they love going in corners
- Yesterday’s News *- Pelleted paper bedding great for litter pans. Unscented.
- Carefresh Bedding – Shredded Paper. Many color options. Ratties love it, but more expensive to keep buying
- Aspen Bedding – If you want to go that route.
FOOD AND TREATS
- Oxbow Essentials *- Recommended for adults
- Yogis – A great treat
- Mazuri Rat Food *- Recommended for babies
- Harlan Teklad – Another food option. Used by lots of breeders as it can be purchased in bulk.
- Glass Water bottle – * Chew proof. Let me sing you the song of my people.
- Sink Faucet Water Filter – * You should give filtered water to all your pets. Tap water is a safety hazard.
- In Shell Mixed Nuts – A couple per week as a treat. Great for teeth grinding and boredom.
- Cage Food Dish – good for critter nation type cages.
TOYS AND OTHER ACCESSORIES
- Lava Ledge *- Get one or many! Great for chewing, climbing, and nail filing. Sends random color.
- Kaytee Chews – Hangy down, jingly things are always fun. Really anything noisy.
- 12in’ Comfort Wheel – While I haven’t had good luck, many peoples rats enjoy using wheels.
- Bendy Rope – Rats love pretending they are famous tight rope walkers
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- Zip ties -You literally use these for everything. Like hanging toys many times over.
- F10 -Veterinary grade disinfectant and cleaner
- Digital Scale – for keeping track of ratty weights.
- Dirt Devil Corded Hand Vac *- super powerful hand vacuum for cleaning up little ratty messes.
- Up To No Good Rat Tee & Sticker – Designed by yours truly
- Carolina Storm Express Wheel – shipped. Made in NC. Silent and sturdy.
- Teto Supply Shop – bonding scarves. I purchased a custom size from the seller to comfortably fit two girls. Great for new ratties!
Do you make rat related products? We would love to try out your items and feature them! Contact me via the fb page facebook.com/twleveoaksrattery.